Saturday, May 27, 2017

Stash Dash Preparation!


Stash Dash has begun! I'm planning for a couple of quick finishes to start off strong and if I participate in Tour de Sock and Tour de Fleece, I'll have a pretty solid showing.

One sock down, one more to go!

I can't decide whether to set a goal to begin with or to just wait and see where I get. The levels are all measured in kilometers, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, and 15. Over a three month period, I generally work through just under 5k in stash, so 5k would be a safe bet. I can finish more, especially if I'm spinning yarn and focusing on finishing some high-yardage WIPs. 7k would be a good goal if I'm trying to stretch myself. 10k is highly unlikely, but not impossible. That's a little more than six miles, double what I typically do in a three-month period.

Nine more heavily beaded rows, then a picot bindoff.

Between Camp Loopy and the Will Work For Yarn projects I've agreed to, that's nearly 5k as it is, and Tours de Sock and Fleece will certainly push me over that goal. There's also a good amount of traveling this summer, both by car and by air, though I'll be driving for many of the car travel hours.  There's also this year's Steotchalong which will take time from yarn stash efforts.

Morvarch, about 130 more rows to go, 54 stockinette and the rest lace ribbing.

It seems like a good time to pull out all of the WIPs to try to knock a few out. Of course, this means that what I really want to do is cross stitch (doesn't count for Stash Dash), spin (yardage counts, but it doesn't decrease my stash yardage), and start new projects instead of working on ones that are already half-finished.

Table runner, center nearly finished, beaded edging needed.

Of course, no one is surprised by this. I guess we'll see where I end up in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!