Sunday, May 7, 2017

Back to the subject of mystery-alongs

I do finish them sometimes! Not always in the expected timeframe, but hey, it's done!


This was supposed to be a 60" diameter-ish round pi shawl. I wasn't sure I'd wear that and didn't really have the stash available for it either. I did think that it would probably make a great tablecloth for the sad, needs-to-be-refinished teak dining table in the kitchen, and with Jo-Ann's 50% off coupons, enough crochet thread could be had for under $10. I was sold.


I probably should have gone with the burgundy instead of the blue, as the KitchenAid, oven mitts, and towels are all a darker red. It probably would have matched better given that the table currently lives in the kitchen of our townhouse. The burgundy didn't pop though, and I wanted something that was eye-catching, something that would shine against the medium-dark wood, and something I'd enjoy making.


It is a touch smaller than I was going for, more of a full-table doily than the tablecloth I'd envisioned, but really, no regrets! It's even cat approved!



Pattern: Mixtape MKAL (Ravelry mine) and Knit Trim: Zig Zag (Ravelry) for the edging
Yarn: Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet (Size 10) in
Needles: US4/3.5 mm
Timeframe: January 15 - April 30, 2017
Mods: Thinner yarn and needles than called for.
Problems: None!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!